Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Mon December 28, 2009
City Seeks End to Vandalism at Closed Hotel
Paducah, KY – Now that Paducah has taken possession of the closed Executive Inn, city officials want to put an end to vandalism at the site. Paducah Downtown Development Director Steve Doolittle says the city will immediately set up security and plans for winterizing the hotel.
According to reports, trash littered the hotel from vandals who had ransacked desks, file cabinets, offices, storage rooms and suites. Chemical fire extinguishers also had been activated and sprayed on walls and the floors. Paintings, wide screen televisions and other furnishings were missing. The city took possession of the hotel last Wednesday, after completing a $1.8 million purchase of the facility.