Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon November 30, 2009
City Files Motion in Red Light Lawsuit
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – An attorney for the city of Clarksville, Tennessee has filed a motion in response to a lawsuit against the city's automatic red light cameras. That motion attempts to suppress evidence obtained by the cameras in the citation of a Princeton, Kentucky man. Mark Benton sued the city claiming the camera's remote operators are not state licensed private investigators. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the lawsuit is based on the success of two similar cases in Texas.