Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon November 30, 2009
City Files Motion in Red Light Lawsuit
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – An attorney for the city of Clarksville, Tennessee has filed a motion in response to a lawsuit against the city's automatic red light cameras. That motion attempts to suppress evidence obtained by the cameras in the citation of a Princeton, Kentucky man. Mark Benton sued the city claiming the camera's remote operators are not state licensed private investigators. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the lawsuit is based on the success of two similar cases in Texas.