Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri July 31, 2009
City Council to Revisit Guns in Parks Positions
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville's City Council will take another look at its position on the guns in parks issue after voting to prohibit them earlier this month. Councilman Wallace Redd is sponsoring a proposal to repeal the vote that withdrew the city's participation in the new Tennessee law. The law permits licensed gun owners to carry their weapons in parks. The council will revisit the issue next Thursday.