Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- Kentucky Sees Big Change in the Number of People Who Drink Alcohol
- MSU Alumnus Featured in National Geographic DocuDrama "American Genius"
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
Wed September 5, 2012
City Council Passes First Reading of Alcohol Ordinance
Murray City Council voted yesterday to pass the first reading of the city’s new alcohol ordinance. Murray voted to move from liquor by the drink sales to a fully wet city in July. Councilman Jay Morgan says the ordinance sets an 8% tax rate for both restaurant and packaged sales. It also sets hours of operation for 6 am to 12 am with no alcohol sales allowed on Sunday. The council has until the 19th to pass the second reading of ordinance. The city council meets again next Thursday.