Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Wed September 5, 2012
City Council Passes First Reading of Alcohol Ordinance
Murray City Council voted yesterday to pass the first reading of the city’s new alcohol ordinance. Murray voted to move from liquor by the drink sales to a fully wet city in July. Councilman Jay Morgan says the ordinance sets an 8% tax rate for both restaurant and packaged sales. It also sets hours of operation for 6 am to 12 am with no alcohol sales allowed on Sunday. The council has until the 19th to pass the second reading of ordinance. The city council meets again next Thursday.