Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed September 5, 2012
City Council Passes First Reading of Alcohol Ordinance
Murray City Council voted yesterday to pass the first reading of the city’s new alcohol ordinance. Murray voted to move from liquor by the drink sales to a fully wet city in July. Councilman Jay Morgan says the ordinance sets an 8% tax rate for both restaurant and packaged sales. It also sets hours of operation for 6 am to 12 am with no alcohol sales allowed on Sunday. The council has until the 19th to pass the second reading of ordinance. The city council meets again next Thursday.