Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed September 5, 2012
City Council Passes First Reading of Alcohol Ordinance
Murray City Council voted yesterday to pass the first reading of the city’s new alcohol ordinance. Murray voted to move from liquor by the drink sales to a fully wet city in July. Councilman Jay Morgan says the ordinance sets an 8% tax rate for both restaurant and packaged sales. It also sets hours of operation for 6 am to 12 am with no alcohol sales allowed on Sunday. The council has until the 19th to pass the second reading of ordinance. The city council meets again next Thursday.