Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri July 3, 2009
City Council Loosens Restrictions on PUDs
By Casey Northcutt
Clarksville, TN – The Claksville City Council loosened restrictions on groups of development zones Thursday to help popularize them in the city. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports that the council will allow residents to request Planned Unit Development zone districts or PUDs for any piece of property. They were formerly restricted to residential zones. The measure also decreases the required yard space for PUDs from 600 square feet to 320. Regional Planning Commission Director David Riggins says the larger requirement had been hard for contractors to fulfill.