Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri July 3, 2009
City Council Loosens Restrictions on PUDs
By Casey Northcutt
Clarksville, TN – The Claksville City Council loosened restrictions on groups of development zones Thursday to help popularize them in the city. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports that the council will allow residents to request Planned Unit Development zone districts or PUDs for any piece of property. They were formerly restricted to residential zones. The measure also decreases the required yard space for PUDs from 600 square feet to 320. Regional Planning Commission Director David Riggins says the larger requirement had been hard for contractors to fulfill.