Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri July 3, 2009
City Council Loosens Restrictions on PUDs
By Casey Northcutt
Clarksville, TN – The Claksville City Council loosened restrictions on groups of development zones Thursday to help popularize them in the city. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports that the council will allow residents to request Planned Unit Development zone districts or PUDs for any piece of property. They were formerly restricted to residential zones. The measure also decreases the required yard space for PUDs from 600 square feet to 320. Regional Planning Commission Director David Riggins says the larger requirement had been hard for contractors to fulfill.