Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri September 13, 2013
City Council Considers ABC Ordinance Revisions
The Murray City Council will consider a series of alcoholic beverage control recommendations that stem from a statewide licensing overhaul in March. The General Assembly passed legislation that consolidates Kentucky’s 88 licenses down to 44. Murray ABC Officer Kendra Clere told the council last night that Murray must redistribute the new licenses by December in order to collect alcohol taxes.
Council members also discussed the plausibility of permitting sales on Sunday and might consider an ordinance as early as September 26.