Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri September 13, 2013
City Council Considers ABC Ordinance Revisions
The Murray City Council will consider a series of alcoholic beverage control recommendations that stem from a statewide licensing overhaul in March. The General Assembly passed legislation that consolidates Kentucky’s 88 licenses down to 44. Murray ABC Officer Kendra Clere told the council last night that Murray must redistribute the new licenses by December in order to collect alcohol taxes.
Council members also discussed the plausibility of permitting sales on Sunday and might consider an ordinance as early as September 26.