Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri September 13, 2013
City Council Considers ABC Ordinance Revisions
The Murray City Council will consider a series of alcoholic beverage control recommendations that stem from a statewide licensing overhaul in March. The General Assembly passed legislation that consolidates Kentucky’s 88 licenses down to 44. Murray ABC Officer Kendra Clere told the council last night that Murray must redistribute the new licenses by December in order to collect alcohol taxes.
Council members also discussed the plausibility of permitting sales on Sunday and might consider an ordinance as early as September 26.