Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon November 3, 2008
Circuit City to Close Paducah Location
By Carrie Pond
Richmond, VA – Circuit City's decision to close over 150 U.S. stores will leave Paducah with one less electronics retailer. The Virginia-based company announced today it will shut down 155 underperforming stores in a restructuring move that hopes to strengthen the retailer's profit margins. The closures represent a reduction of approximately 17 percent of the company's U.S. workforce. In a press release today, the company says stores scheduled for closing will not open tomorrow, and closing sales are expected to begin Wednesday. The retailer is closing 3 Kentucky locations, in Paducah, Louisville, and Lexington.