Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri October 16, 2009
Church Burglaries Now in McCracken Co.
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A string of burglaries at local churches in the region has expanded into McCracken County. Reidland Christian, High View Baptist, and St. Thomas More are among the six that reported burglaries this week. McCracken County Sheriff's detectives say the break-ins may be related to a rash of similar ones in Graves and Carlisle counties. Police say one thing the cases have in common are thieves stealing small items that can be easily pawned and leaving other valuables. WPSD reports investigators recommend churches approach security the same as homeowners with lighting, alarms, and locks.