Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed December 2, 2009
Christmas Tree Cutting at LBL
Golden Pond, KY – The U.S. Forest Service at the Land Between the Lakes is offering free Christmas trees for visitors willing to cut them down.
Forest Service managers are allowing the cutting of one cedar tree per family who visits the Golden Pond Visitor Center or the park's administrative office to pick up a permit, map and guidelines for cutting a tree. The free cutting is permitted through December 24 via the Christmas tree program and permit. LBL Forester Dennis Wilson says appropriate cedar trees are most often found along roadsides or within old forest openings.