Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed December 2, 2009
Christmas Tree Cutting at LBL
Golden Pond, KY – The U.S. Forest Service at the Land Between the Lakes is offering free Christmas trees for visitors willing to cut them down.
Forest Service managers are allowing the cutting of one cedar tree per family who visits the Golden Pond Visitor Center or the park's administrative office to pick up a permit, map and guidelines for cutting a tree. The free cutting is permitted through December 24 via the Christmas tree program and permit. LBL Forester Dennis Wilson says appropriate cedar trees are most often found along roadsides or within old forest openings.