Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Fri December 21, 2007
By Duane Bolin
Murray, KY – When Edward Johnson, associate to Thomas Edison, strung lights around his home Christmas Tree in 1882, opened his windows, and flipped the switch passersby called it magnificent local newspapers called it a publicity stunt and Johnson was called the Father of the Electric Christmas Tree Lights. One hundred years ago, a tree adorned with lights would have cost around 2000 dollars, but now it's tradition for families around the world. Duane Bolin examines the importance of lights in traditions, religion, and literature.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read his commentary here.