Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue October 30, 2012
Christian insurance participants losing coverage
Some 800 Kentucky members of the Christian health plan Medi-Share will no longer have coverage at the end of the week. Franklin County Circuit Judge Thomas Wingate ordered Medi-Share to cease operations Thursday saying it doesn’t comply with state insurance regulations. Medi-Share President Tony Meggs says the company is notifying health plan members.
He says attorneys are urging Wingate to consider allowing more time for members to find other insurance coverage. Medi-Share only allows churchgoers who abstain from smoking, illegal drugs or sex outside of marriage to participate.