Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed April 29, 2009
Christian County Safety Check Announced
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – A week after a Christian County middle schooler was arrested for bringing a gun and ammunition to class, public school officials say they will perform at least one unannounced safety check. Christian County School representatives and local law enforcement will use hand-held metal detectors to conduct the safety check at all the middle and high schools sometime before the end of the school year. Board of Education policy allows administration to conduct metal detector searches if the searches are performed on all students.