Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed April 29, 2009
Christian County Safety Check Announced
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – A week after a Christian County middle schooler was arrested for bringing a gun and ammunition to class, public school officials say they will perform at least one unannounced safety check. Christian County School representatives and local law enforcement will use hand-held metal detectors to conduct the safety check at all the middle and high schools sometime before the end of the school year. Board of Education policy allows administration to conduct metal detector searches if the searches are performed on all students.