Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed April 29, 2009
Christian County Safety Check Announced
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – A week after a Christian County middle schooler was arrested for bringing a gun and ammunition to class, public school officials say they will perform at least one unannounced safety check. Christian County School representatives and local law enforcement will use hand-held metal detectors to conduct the safety check at all the middle and high schools sometime before the end of the school year. Board of Education policy allows administration to conduct metal detector searches if the searches are performed on all students.