Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu July 11, 2013
Christian County man pleads guilty in gun possession case
A Christian County man has pleaded guilty to federal gun charges, including having an Iraqi machine gun. U.S. District Judge Thomas Russell set sentencing for 45-year-old Lawrence Bussell for October 10th in Paducah. Bussell entered his guilty plea Wednesday to charges of possession of an unregistered firearm and possession of firearms by a person convicted of a misdemeanor crime of violence. In court, Bussell admitted having 13 firearms, including the Iraqi machine gun, which was of an unknown make and model.
Bussell had been previously convicted of spouse abuse on two occasions in Christian County District Court. He was convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence in May of 1994, and again in August of that same year.