Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu July 11, 2013
Christian County man pleads guilty in gun possession case
A Christian County man has pleaded guilty to federal gun charges, including having an Iraqi machine gun. U.S. District Judge Thomas Russell set sentencing for 45-year-old Lawrence Bussell for October 10th in Paducah. Bussell entered his guilty plea Wednesday to charges of possession of an unregistered firearm and possession of firearms by a person convicted of a misdemeanor crime of violence. In court, Bussell admitted having 13 firearms, including the Iraqi machine gun, which was of an unknown make and model.
Bussell had been previously convicted of spouse abuse on two occasions in Christian County District Court. He was convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence in May of 1994, and again in August of that same year.