Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Wed June 6, 2012
Christian County Could Name New Superintendent
Christian County schools could have a new superintendent this week. The County Board of Education released a statement yesterday saying it will hold a special meeting tomorrow.
A new superintendent could be named then. Board Chairman Barry Cornelius tells the Kentucky New Era there is only one candidate being considered. An interview is expected to take place in closed session, but the hiring decision and contract discussion will follow in open meeting. There is no word as to who the candidate is at this point. The special meeting is scheduled for 8:30 tomorrow night at the Christian County Board central office.