Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon February 10, 2014
Christian County Chamber of Commerce Business Competition Underway
The Christian County Chamber of Commerce's third annual Christian County Cares business plan competition is underway, where entrepreneurs could win resources to help with their start-up.
Director of Christian County Cares Yasamin Ausenbaugh says the competition is also aimed at providing entrepreneurial experience.
“Let’s say you want to open a bakery, but you also need to know about running a business to make it happen," Ausenbaugh said. "So the entrepreneurial competition, the point behind it is to give business who are starting out an idea of what they need and also an opportunity to win up to $10,000 worth of prizes to help them begin their business.”
The prize package includes $4,000 of start-up cash and services including legal advice, advertising and chamber membership.
Entries must be new ideas. Businesses operating before July 1, 2013 can't qualify.
Ausenbaugh says they’re looking for an optimal number of 10 entries. Interested entrepreneurs can register on the chamber's website by Feb. 28.