Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Sun August 12, 2012
Christian Appalachian Project founder passes away
The Roman Catholic missionary who founded the Christian Appalachian Project passed away early this past Thursday. Since World War Two, Monsignor Ralph Beiting served the people of eastern Kentucky through a series of social service programs. Kentucky Public Radio’s Charles Compton knew Monsignor Beiting, and brings us this appreciation.