Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Thu October 4, 2012
Chris Thile on Receiving the MacArthur Genius Award and Future Plans
Mandolinist, former Murray resident, and Murray State Student, Chris Thile, known for his work in Nickel Creek and Punch Brothers, was among those awarded 2012 "genius" grants from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation. The 23 fellows will receive $500,000 over the next five years to continue their work or change fields. Tracy Ross spoke with Chris Thile about receiving the award and his plans for the future.