Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue August 11, 2009
Chinook has unexpected stop-over in Henderson County
By Jacque Day
Henderson County, Ky. – Some Iowa National Guardsmen had an unexpected stay in Western Kentucky. The crew of a Chinook helicopter headed to Fort Campbell for flight training Sunday decided to land the aircraft in a Henderson County soybean field after encountering problems with the hydraulic system. Another helicopter with replacement parts arrived Monday, and by this afternoon the crew was back in Iowa. No injuries were reported, and their Fort Campbell training has been rescheduled. Land owner David Alexander says losing some of his soybeans was "worth the excitement."