Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri January 16, 2009
Child Abuse Prevention Center to Open in Henry County
By Casey Northcutt
1/16/09 – The Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse will open a Paris office next month. The Paris Post-Intelligencer reports the center hopes to have a satellite office established in the Central Community Service Center by Feb. 1. Based in Jackson, Tenn., the Perkins Center deals with cases in which children have already been abused or when abuse is likely to occur. Until now, the center's family advocate for Henry County has worked through home visits, traveling from the Carroll County office. The new location will offer the advocate access to emergency items and other resources along with a place of operation.