Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri January 16, 2009
Child Abuse Prevention Center to Open in Henry County
By Casey Northcutt
1/16/09 – The Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse will open a Paris office next month. The Paris Post-Intelligencer reports the center hopes to have a satellite office established in the Central Community Service Center by Feb. 1. Based in Jackson, Tenn., the Perkins Center deals with cases in which children have already been abused or when abuse is likely to occur. Until now, the center's family advocate for Henry County has worked through home visits, traveling from the Carroll County office. The new location will offer the advocate access to emergency items and other resources along with a place of operation.