Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri June 19, 2009
Chicago Locomotive Contract Saves Mayfield Factory Jobs
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – An upcoming project with a Chicago area train company will keep 62 jobs in the region. Metra, a northeast Illinois commuter rail service, is exercising a contract option with Mayfield Progress Rail to remanufacture 40 of its locomotives. Officials expect the project to last two and a half years. Metra says the $68.6 million locomotive rebuilding contract could add up to 25 years of life to the engines.