Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri June 19, 2009
Chicago Locomotive Contract Saves Mayfield Factory Jobs
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – An upcoming project with a Chicago area train company will keep 62 jobs in the region. Metra, a northeast Illinois commuter rail service, is exercising a contract option with Mayfield Progress Rail to remanufacture 40 of its locomotives. Officials expect the project to last two and a half years. Metra says the $68.6 million locomotive rebuilding contract could add up to 25 years of life to the engines.