Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed June 18, 2014
Chet Faker On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 5:08 pm
Australian electronic musician Chet Faker has been releasing singles and EPs on the web for a few years, attracting a fair bit of attention for his popular cover of Blackstreet's "No Diggity." Faker accompanies his soulful singing with loops, samples and keyboards, as he improvises over tracks he'd recorded in the studio. Earlier this month, he released his full-length U.S. debut, Built on Glass.
The name Chet Faker, naturally, pays homage to the great jazz musician Chet Baker. Faker took his alias upon learning that another artist from Melbourne has his given name, Nick Murphy. Here, Chet Faker performs three tracks for World Cafe.
This episode originally aired April 30, 2014.