Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu July 23, 2009
Charges Upgraded in TN Holiday Weekend Boat Crash
Paris, TN – Authorities have upgraded charges against a Woodlawn man in a fatal boating crash on Kentucky Lake during the Fourth of July holiday weekend. David Ray Phelps received additional charges of vehicular homicide, and reckless and negligent operation of a vessel. Phelps was initially charged with boating under the influence. 37-year-old Phelps was arraigned this week on the new charges and was free on bond.
47-year-old Murfreesboro resident Sandra Adams was killed in the July 3 collision near Paris Landing and her 16-year-old daughter was injured. Officers say Phelps' bass boat struck the pontoon boat the victims were on. Phelps was also cited on a wildlife charge of catching too many bass.