Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Thu July 23, 2009
Charges Upgraded in TN Holiday Weekend Boat Crash
Paris, TN – Authorities have upgraded charges against a Woodlawn man in a fatal boating crash on Kentucky Lake during the Fourth of July holiday weekend. David Ray Phelps received additional charges of vehicular homicide, and reckless and negligent operation of a vessel. Phelps was initially charged with boating under the influence. 37-year-old Phelps was arraigned this week on the new charges and was free on bond.
47-year-old Murfreesboro resident Sandra Adams was killed in the July 3 collision near Paris Landing and her 16-year-old daughter was injured. Officers say Phelps' bass boat struck the pontoon boat the victims were on. Phelps was also cited on a wildlife charge of catching too many bass.