Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu July 23, 2009
Charges Upgraded in TN Holiday Weekend Boat Crash
Paris, TN – Authorities have upgraded charges against a Woodlawn man in a fatal boating crash on Kentucky Lake during the Fourth of July holiday weekend. David Ray Phelps received additional charges of vehicular homicide, and reckless and negligent operation of a vessel. Phelps was initially charged with boating under the influence. 37-year-old Phelps was arraigned this week on the new charges and was free on bond.
47-year-old Murfreesboro resident Sandra Adams was killed in the July 3 collision near Paris Landing and her 16-year-old daughter was injured. Officers say Phelps' bass boat struck the pontoon boat the victims were on. Phelps was also cited on a wildlife charge of catching too many bass.