Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu July 23, 2009
Charges Upgraded in TN Holiday Weekend Boat Crash
Paris, TN – Authorities have upgraded charges against a Woodlawn man in a fatal boating crash on Kentucky Lake during the Fourth of July holiday weekend. David Ray Phelps received additional charges of vehicular homicide, and reckless and negligent operation of a vessel. Phelps was initially charged with boating under the influence. 37-year-old Phelps was arraigned this week on the new charges and was free on bond.
47-year-old Murfreesboro resident Sandra Adams was killed in the July 3 collision near Paris Landing and her 16-year-old daughter was injured. Officers say Phelps' bass boat struck the pontoon boat the victims were on. Phelps was also cited on a wildlife charge of catching too many bass.