Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon January 21, 2013
Chamber of Commerce Backs Industrial Hemp
Industrial hemp's repositioning toward mainstream status gained ground with a recent endorsement from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.
State Agriculture Commissioner James Comer says the chamber has the kind of clout to get the attention of lawmakers. Comer is leading the comeback campaign for the crop outlawed due to its association with its cousin, marijuana. Lawmakers are expected to debate the issue when they return to the State Capitol next month. But they acknowledge challenges remain, namely resistance from Kentucky State Police.