Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon January 21, 2013
Chamber of Commerce Backs Industrial Hemp
Industrial hemp's repositioning toward mainstream status gained ground with a recent endorsement from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.
State Agriculture Commissioner James Comer says the chamber has the kind of clout to get the attention of lawmakers. Comer is leading the comeback campaign for the crop outlawed due to its association with its cousin, marijuana. Lawmakers are expected to debate the issue when they return to the State Capitol next month. But they acknowledge challenges remain, namely resistance from Kentucky State Police.