Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Mon January 21, 2013
Chamber of Commerce Backs Industrial Hemp
Industrial hemp's repositioning toward mainstream status gained ground with a recent endorsement from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.
State Agriculture Commissioner James Comer says the chamber has the kind of clout to get the attention of lawmakers. Comer is leading the comeback campaign for the crop outlawed due to its association with its cousin, marijuana. Lawmakers are expected to debate the issue when they return to the State Capitol next month. But they acknowledge challenges remain, namely resistance from Kentucky State Police.