Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon January 21, 2013
Chamber of Commerce Backs Industrial Hemp
Industrial hemp's repositioning toward mainstream status gained ground with a recent endorsement from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.
State Agriculture Commissioner James Comer says the chamber has the kind of clout to get the attention of lawmakers. Comer is leading the comeback campaign for the crop outlawed due to its association with its cousin, marijuana. Lawmakers are expected to debate the issue when they return to the State Capitol next month. But they acknowledge challenges remain, namely resistance from Kentucky State Police.