Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu December 11, 2008
Central City Resident Recalls Red Cross's Aid in Tornado Aftermath
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – It's been a busy year for weather disasters in western Kentucky. In February, when a tornado tore through Muhlenberg County, the Mid-West Kentucky Red Cross chapter relied on the agency's National Disaster Relief Fund to bring much-needed aid to residents. With disaster funds now depleted, the Red Cross has declared Saturday, December 13 the National Day of Giving. Jacque Day talks with Jeanie Barnett of the local Red Cross chapter, and Central City resident Judy Dossett, who recalls how the American Red Cross responded in the tornado aftermath.