Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu December 11, 2008
Central City Resident Recalls Red Cross's Aid in Tornado Aftermath
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – It's been a busy year for weather disasters in western Kentucky. In February, when a tornado tore through Muhlenberg County, the Mid-West Kentucky Red Cross chapter relied on the agency's National Disaster Relief Fund to bring much-needed aid to residents. With disaster funds now depleted, the Red Cross has declared Saturday, December 13 the National Day of Giving. Jacque Day talks with Jeanie Barnett of the local Red Cross chapter, and Central City resident Judy Dossett, who recalls how the American Red Cross responded in the tornado aftermath.