Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu December 11, 2008
Central City Resident Recalls Red Cross Aid in Tornado Aftermath
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – It's been a busy year for weather disasters in western Kentucky. In February, when a tornado tore through Muhlenberg County, the Mid-West Kentucky Red Cross chapter relied on the agency's National Disaster Relief Fund to bring much-needed aid to residents. With disaster funds now depleted, the Red Cross has declared Saturday, December 13 the National Day of Giving. Jacque Day talks with Jeanie Barnett of the local Red Cross chapter, and Central City resident Judy Dossett, who recalls how the American Red Cross responded in the tornado aftermath.
To contribute to the Disaster Relief Fund, visit www.redcross.org or call 1-800-REDCROSS. Donations can also be dropped off at 124 N. Scott Street, Madisonville.