Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed March 3, 2010
Census rally in Murray
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – Local census workers met at the Weaks Community Center in Murray today. As part of the campaign to reach seniors, they offered blood pressure and other health screening from 11 to 1 earlier today. Census 2010 worker David Shinall recruits enumerators to collect data from those who don't complete their census survey. Shinall encourages people to be open with census workers.
"Census takers won't be asking any personal information about bank accounts or credit card numbers or social security numbers. The census bureau is really concerned about identity theft and we're trying to prevent that."
The Census bureau encourages people to ask for identification when census workers approach their home. Surveys are already out and enumerators will begin their surveying in early April.