Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed March 3, 2010
Census rally in Murray
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – Local census workers met at the Weaks Community Center in Murray today. As part of the campaign to reach seniors, they offered blood pressure and other health screening from 11 to 1 earlier today. Census 2010 worker David Shinall recruits enumerators to collect data from those who don't complete their census survey. Shinall encourages people to be open with census workers.
"Census takers won't be asking any personal information about bank accounts or credit card numbers or social security numbers. The census bureau is really concerned about identity theft and we're trying to prevent that."
The Census bureau encourages people to ask for identification when census workers approach their home. Surveys are already out and enumerators will begin their surveying in early April.