Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri August 23, 2013
Celebrate the Soybean in Martin
The City of Martin’s Brad Thompson joins us to preview activities of The Soybean Festival that can bring up to 40,000 people to Martin to observe west Tennessee’s dominance in soybean production. The festival will be in downtown Martin from September 1 to 8, featuring music by Dustin Lynch, The Martins, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Tim May, Survivor, and Sawyer Brown. According to the festival website, the festival got its start 20 years ago and celebrates the "crossroads of good living," allowing people to "pay homage to a tiny, but worthy vegetable that is capable of feeding and fueling everday lives." See more about Martin's Soybean Festival.