Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Mon March 23, 2009
CDS Losing Jobs
By Angela Hatton
Martin, TN – A job placement and support service for adults with developmental disabilities is being hit hard by the slumping economy. Community Developmental Services in Martin, Tennessee works with about 140 developmentally disabled adults. Workshop Supervisor Sherry Drushal says CDS recently lost three to five industry contracts. The organization has also seen a reduction in their in-house services, which include packaging and recycling. Drushal says the company is always looking for new opportunities, but the economic climate has put a damper on those efforts.