Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed October 31, 2012
CDC Gives Kentucky High Marks for Disaster Preparedness
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has recognized the Kentucky Department of Public Health for its preparedness. The CDC gave the state a high overall score for its disaster preparedness planning. The highest marks went to the state’s ability to dispense medications and supplies.
The U.S.’s Strategic National Stockpile program began in 1999 as a way to respond to terrorist attacks or natural disasters. Each state has plans to get and distribute SNS medicine and medical supplies to local communities as quickly as possible.