Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- [Update] Holidays Sound Good on WKMS!
- Public-Private Project to Bring "I-Way" Statewide by 2017
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed October 31, 2012
CDC Gives Kentucky High Marks for Disaster Preparedness
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has recognized the Kentucky Department of Public Health for its preparedness. The CDC gave the state a high overall score for its disaster preparedness planning. The highest marks went to the state’s ability to dispense medications and supplies.
The U.S.’s Strategic National Stockpile program began in 1999 as a way to respond to terrorist attacks or natural disasters. Each state has plans to get and distribute SNS medicine and medical supplies to local communities as quickly as possible.