Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed October 31, 2012
CDC Gives Kentucky High Marks for Disaster Preparedness
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has recognized the Kentucky Department of Public Health for its preparedness. The CDC gave the state a high overall score for its disaster preparedness planning. The highest marks went to the state’s ability to dispense medications and supplies.
The U.S.’s Strategic National Stockpile program began in 1999 as a way to respond to terrorist attacks or natural disasters. Each state has plans to get and distribute SNS medicine and medical supplies to local communities as quickly as possible.