Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Crime and Law
Thu March 22, 2012
CCC gets Embezzlement Investigation Report
An investigation into the embezzlement of more than $230,000 dollars from the Paducah-McCracken County convention and expo centers is complete.
The Convention Center Corporation hired a Bowling Green based law firm last November to look into the crime and find out if any of the money could be reclaimed. City officials say the report provides a few different avenues for restitution, but the report itself is not public at this time. J. Patrick Kerr and Susan Wilson, who were behind the embezzlement scheme, pleaded guilty to federal felony theft charges last Friday.