Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Crime and Law
Thu March 22, 2012
CCC gets Embezzlement Investigation Report
An investigation into the embezzlement of more than $230,000 dollars from the Paducah-McCracken County convention and expo centers is complete.
The Convention Center Corporation hired a Bowling Green based law firm last November to look into the crime and find out if any of the money could be reclaimed. City officials say the report provides a few different avenues for restitution, but the report itself is not public at this time. J. Patrick Kerr and Susan Wilson, who were behind the embezzlement scheme, pleaded guilty to federal felony theft charges last Friday.