Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu January 30, 2014
Cave-In-Rock Ferry Closed Due To Ice
The Cave-In-Rock Ferry between Kentucky and Illinois is expected to be closed for several days because of floating ice on the Ohio River.
Ferry operator Lonnie Lewis says the river is about 75-80% covered between the banks by a large mass of floating ice.
The ice is moving, but the chunks are getting large enough to present a hazard. Lewis says it will take several days before the ferry can resume operations.
The Cave-In-Rock Ferry connects Kentucky 91 with Illinois Route 1 between Crittenden County, and Hardin County, Ill.