Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu January 30, 2014
Cave-In-Rock Ferry Closed Due To Ice
The Cave-In-Rock Ferry between Kentucky and Illinois is expected to be closed for several days because of floating ice on the Ohio River.
Ferry operator Lonnie Lewis says the river is about 75-80% covered between the banks by a large mass of floating ice.
The ice is moving, but the chunks are getting large enough to present a hazard. Lewis says it will take several days before the ferry can resume operations.
The Cave-In-Rock Ferry connects Kentucky 91 with Illinois Route 1 between Crittenden County, and Hardin County, Ill.