Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Thu January 30, 2014
Cave-In-Rock Ferry Closed Due To Ice
The Cave-In-Rock Ferry between Kentucky and Illinois is expected to be closed for several days because of floating ice on the Ohio River.
Ferry operator Lonnie Lewis says the river is about 75-80% covered between the banks by a large mass of floating ice.
The ice is moving, but the chunks are getting large enough to present a hazard. Lewis says it will take several days before the ferry can resume operations.
The Cave-In-Rock Ferry connects Kentucky 91 with Illinois Route 1 between Crittenden County, and Hardin County, Ill.