Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu January 30, 2014
Cave-In-Rock Ferry Closed Due To Ice
The Cave-In-Rock Ferry between Kentucky and Illinois is expected to be closed for several days because of floating ice on the Ohio River.
Ferry operator Lonnie Lewis says the river is about 75-80% covered between the banks by a large mass of floating ice.
The ice is moving, but the chunks are getting large enough to present a hazard. Lewis says it will take several days before the ferry can resume operations.
The Cave-In-Rock Ferry connects Kentucky 91 with Illinois Route 1 between Crittenden County, and Hardin County, Ill.