Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed December 30, 2009
Cause of Marina Fire Determined
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A state fire marshal's investigation points to a floating repair shop alongside the dock at Green Turtle Bay Marina as the source of a blaze that destroyed 10 houseboats on Lake Barkley. The findings suggest a short circuit in the shop may have ignited Saturday's fire. Marinas International of Dallas operates the dock where the fire left only seven of its rental fleet unmarred. The company tells the Paducah Sun their plan is to repair the damage and replace the houseboats by the start of the April season. The damage is expected to be covered by insurance.