Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed December 30, 2009
Cause of Marina Fire Determined
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A state fire marshal's investigation points to a floating repair shop alongside the dock at Green Turtle Bay Marina as the source of a blaze that destroyed 10 houseboats on Lake Barkley. The findings suggest a short circuit in the shop may have ignited Saturday's fire. Marinas International of Dallas operates the dock where the fire left only seven of its rental fleet unmarred. The company tells the Paducah Sun their plan is to repair the damage and replace the houseboats by the start of the April season. The damage is expected to be covered by insurance.