Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu April 30, 2009
Casey Jones: The Man Behind the Legend
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – Casey Jones perished at the throttle of a locomotive on Apr. 30, 1900, gaining his greatest fame for his violent death. Now, his name evokes images of grandiose risk-taking, and to do a "Casey Jones" means to take a bad spill. Many consider him an American folk character, but Casey Jones did exist. He grew up in Cayce, a small town in Fulton County that inspired his nickname. Jacque Day goes back in time for a ride along in the life of this railroad legend.