Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri January 8, 2010
A Case for Wine in Kentucky's Grocery Stores
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – The budget is the big issue this go-round in Frankfort, but one state organization is hoping legislators also take time to consider wine. The Food with Wine Coalition is a not-for-profit organization established in 2007 by Kentucky food store owners. Their goal is get permission for Kentucky's grocery stores to sell wine. They say expanded wine sales would increase tax collection without creating new taxes. The group estimates revenue from wine sales would mean just under 84 million dollars in tax revenue in the first five years. Angela Hatton speaks with Food with Wine Coalition spokesman Luke Schmidt.
For more information on issues this session click here
Visit the Food with Wine Coalition's websitewebsite