Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Tue October 16, 2012
Carroll Resigns Position Following DUI Charge
Alcohol Education Coordinator Jeanne Carroll has resigned her position with the Calloway County Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention, following a Driving Under the Influence charge. Murray State police arrested Carroll in a campus parking lot earlier this month. Calloway County Schools Superintendent Kennith Bargo says he received Carroll’s letter of resignation Monday.
Carroll had been employed with CCASAP for more than three years. She was also Calloway County district judge from 2003 to 2007.
Carroll's arraignment is set for October 26. The Calloway County judge and prosecutor have recused themselves. McCracken County attorney Michael Murphy will serve as special prosecutor, and Chief Regional District Judge Hunter Whitesell will hear the case.