Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue October 16, 2012
Carroll Resigns Position Following DUI Charge
Alcohol Education Coordinator Jeanne Carroll has resigned her position with the Calloway County Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention, following a Driving Under the Influence charge. Murray State police arrested Carroll in a campus parking lot earlier this month. Calloway County Schools Superintendent Kennith Bargo says he received Carroll’s letter of resignation Monday.
Carroll had been employed with CCASAP for more than three years. She was also Calloway County district judge from 2003 to 2007.
Carroll's arraignment is set for October 26. The Calloway County judge and prosecutor have recused themselves. McCracken County attorney Michael Murphy will serve as special prosecutor, and Chief Regional District Judge Hunter Whitesell will hear the case.