Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue October 16, 2012
Carroll Resigns Position Following DUI Charge
Alcohol Education Coordinator Jeanne Carroll has resigned her position with the Calloway County Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention, following a Driving Under the Influence charge. Murray State police arrested Carroll in a campus parking lot earlier this month. Calloway County Schools Superintendent Kennith Bargo says he received Carroll’s letter of resignation Monday.
Carroll had been employed with CCASAP for more than three years. She was also Calloway County district judge from 2003 to 2007.
Carroll's arraignment is set for October 26. The Calloway County judge and prosecutor have recused themselves. McCracken County attorney Michael Murphy will serve as special prosecutor, and Chief Regional District Judge Hunter Whitesell will hear the case.