Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed December 11, 2013
Carroll Announces Bid For 2nd District State Senate Seat
Another republican has emerged to run for Kentucky's second district state senate seat.
CEO of Easter Seals West Kentucky Danny Carrol said he'll file his candidacy papers in early January to run for current senator Bob Leeper's soon to be vacant seat.
The Marshall county resident will face fellow republican Dave Hoffman in the May primary.
The second second district covers Ballard, Carlisle, Marshall and McCracken counties. Current Senator Bob Leeper is the senate's lone independent and won't seek re-election.