Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed December 11, 2013
Carroll Announces Bid For 2nd District State Senate Seat
Another republican has emerged to run for Kentucky's second district state senate seat.
CEO of Easter Seals West Kentucky Danny Carrol said he'll file his candidacy papers in early January to run for current senator Bob Leeper's soon to be vacant seat.
The Marshall county resident will face fellow republican Dave Hoffman in the May primary.
The second second district covers Ballard, Carlisle, Marshall and McCracken counties. Current Senator Bob Leeper is the senate's lone independent and won't seek re-election.