Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed December 11, 2013
Carroll Announces Bid For 2nd District State Senate Seat
Another republican has emerged to run for Kentucky's second district state senate seat.
CEO of Easter Seals West Kentucky Danny Carrol said he'll file his candidacy papers in early January to run for current senator Bob Leeper's soon to be vacant seat.
The Marshall county resident will face fellow republican Dave Hoffman in the May primary.
The second second district covers Ballard, Carlisle, Marshall and McCracken counties. Current Senator Bob Leeper is the senate's lone independent and won't seek re-election.