Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed December 11, 2013
Carroll Announces Bid For 2nd District State Senate Seat
Another republican has emerged to run for Kentucky's second district state senate seat.
CEO of Easter Seals West Kentucky Danny Carrol said he'll file his candidacy papers in early January to run for current senator Bob Leeper's soon to be vacant seat.
The Marshall county resident will face fellow republican Dave Hoffman in the May primary.
The second second district covers Ballard, Carlisle, Marshall and McCracken counties. Current Senator Bob Leeper is the senate's lone independent and won't seek re-election.