Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed December 11, 2013
Carroll Announces Bid For 2nd District State Senate Seat
Another republican has emerged to run for Kentucky's second district state senate seat.
CEO of Easter Seals West Kentucky Danny Carrol said he'll file his candidacy papers in early January to run for current senator Bob Leeper's soon to be vacant seat.
The Marshall county resident will face fellow republican Dave Hoffman in the May primary.
The second second district covers Ballard, Carlisle, Marshall and McCracken counties. Current Senator Bob Leeper is the senate's lone independent and won't seek re-election.