Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed December 24, 2008
Carper Pleads Not Guilty to Toys for Tots Theft
By Jacque Day
Paducah, KY – Jason Carper, the Paducah man charged with embezzling more than $11,000 from Toys for Tots, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to a felony theft charge. Paducah Police Captain Brandon Barnhill says 33-year-old Carper, an area volunteer for the charity, raised money he said was for a building and a truck for Toys for Tots, but instead used it for personal expenses, including house payments. Barnhill says Carper came to the police department Monday morning when called, and admitted to using the money to pay his own bills. Carper and his wife Darla have coordinated local Toys for Tots efforts for nine years. She hasn't been charged.