Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed February 17, 2010
Carlisle Jury Finds Ellis Guilty of Arson
By Chris Taylor
Bardwell, KY – A Carlisle Circuit Court jury has found Jeremy Ellis guilty of setting the fire that destroyed the county's courthouse over two years ago. They're recommending he serve 12 years in prison. The Paducah Sun reports the 21-year-old Ellis testified in his own defense, telling the jury he was just trying to look tough when he bragged to more than one witness about setting the fire. Circuit Judge Tim Langford is expected to sentence Ellis tomorrow.