Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed February 17, 2010
Carlisle Jury Finds Ellis Guilty of Arson
By Chris Taylor
Bardwell, KY – A Carlisle Circuit Court jury has found Jeremy Ellis guilty of setting the fire that destroyed the county's courthouse over two years ago. They're recommending he serve 12 years in prison. The Paducah Sun reports the 21-year-old Ellis testified in his own defense, telling the jury he was just trying to look tough when he bragged to more than one witness about setting the fire. Circuit Judge Tim Langford is expected to sentence Ellis tomorrow.