Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Around the Nation
Tue April 1, 2014
Car Rolls Off Valet Parking Deck Into Gulf Of Mexico
Originally published on Tue April 1, 2014 7:23 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
If you've ever done valet parking, you may have wondered just where they parked your car. At casino in Fort Meyers Beach, Florida there's no doubt. A valet took charge of a $23,000 vehicle and maybe forgot to put it in park. In any case, the car rolled right off a dock, into the Gulf of Mexico. Channel 2 showed images of the car sinking in a slow and dignified manner.
On the upside, the casino did pay for the car, in full.
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.