Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed July 29, 2009
Car Dealer Indicted
By Caleb Campbell
Madinsonville, KY – The former owner of Browning Chevrolet in Madinsonville has been indicted on several counts, along with his two sons and his sister. The indictment includes failure to pay off liens on sold vehicles, failure to disclose knowledge of liens and not purchasing extending warranties after receiving payment for them. The Madinsonville Messenger reports the twenty one-count indictments were handed down by a Hopkins County grand jury on Bruce Browning; his sons and his sister, the dealership's comptroller. All charges are class D felonies. Browning claims he closed the dealership because the January ice storm set business too far back for recovery. Kentucky State Police Trooper Stu Recke does not know if the Brownings will be summonsed or arrested.