Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed July 29, 2009
Car Dealer Indicted
By Caleb Campbell
Madinsonville, KY – The former owner of Browning Chevrolet in Madinsonville has been indicted on several counts, along with his two sons and his sister. The indictment includes failure to pay off liens on sold vehicles, failure to disclose knowledge of liens and not purchasing extending warranties after receiving payment for them. The Madinsonville Messenger reports the twenty one-count indictments were handed down by a Hopkins County grand jury on Bruce Browning; his sons and his sister, the dealership's comptroller. All charges are class D felonies. Browning claims he closed the dealership because the January ice storm set business too far back for recovery. Kentucky State Police Trooper Stu Recke does not know if the Brownings will be summonsed or arrested.