Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu May 23, 2013
Canvass Finds Nearly 2,400 Homeless People in KY
Kentucky Housing Corp. is reporting the number of homeless in Kentucky now stands at nearly 2,400, down significantly from past years. The latest count was released yesterday by the state's housing agency. It covered 118 counties. The state's more urban Fayette and Jefferson counties were excluded. The count, conducted on Jan. 30, identified 2,392 homeless men, women and children.
The overall number has been declining since 2008 when 4,027 homeless were counted. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, which provides funding to the KHC is required to do a homeless count at least every two years. The count is required to take place on a single night during the last 10 days of January.