Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu August 16, 2012
Candidates in southern Ill. House race debate jobs
Voters in southern Illinois’ 12th Congressional District heard the three candidates for the U.S. House talk about their job-creation proposals at a debate yesterday. The event brought together Republican Jason Plummer, Democrat Bill Enyart and the Green Party's Paula Bradshaw at Southern Illinois University's Carbondale campus. Plummer called for tax reform while Enyart pushed a plan focused on small businesses. Bradshaw called for more investment in public works projects. The candidates look to succeed retiring Democrat Jerry Costello. Two other debates are planned; one in Marionon September 20th, with another in Bellevilleon October 10th.