Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Thu August 16, 2012
Candidates in southern Ill. House race debate jobs
Voters in southern Illinois’ 12th Congressional District heard the three candidates for the U.S. House talk about their job-creation proposals at a debate yesterday. The event brought together Republican Jason Plummer, Democrat Bill Enyart and the Green Party's Paula Bradshaw at Southern Illinois University's Carbondale campus. Plummer called for tax reform while Enyart pushed a plan focused on small businesses. Bradshaw called for more investment in public works projects. The candidates look to succeed retiring Democrat Jerry Costello. Two other debates are planned; one in Marionon September 20th, with another in Bellevilleon October 10th.