Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed October 23, 2013
Candidates Prepare For Special Election
Republican Suzanne Miles and Democrat Kim Humphrey will square off for the House seat vacated by former Representative John Arnold, who resigned after being accused of sexual harassment. Gov. Steve Beshear scheduled the election for Dec 10.
Democrat Reggie Thomas and Republican Michael Johnson have also filed candidacy papers to run for an open state Senate seat in Lexington.
The seat was previously held by Democrat Kathy Stein, who resigned to accept a judicial appointment.
Richard Moloney, a former member of the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Council, is running as an independent in that race.