Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
- Source 'Mid Continent Lays Off All Staff'-Leadership Meeting Before Issuing Public Comment
Mon November 1, 2010
Candidates Compete to Mobilize Supporters
Frankfort, KY – Both sides in Kentucky's U.S. Senate race pitting Republican Rand Paul and Democrat Jack Conway are reaching out to core supporters to coax them to the polls tomorrow.
Phone banks and neighborhood canvassing are getting full attention in the final days of the campaign. Both sides claim to have superior machines for "get out the vote."
Secretary of State Trey Grayson predicts turnout will reach 48% of the state's 2.9 million registered voters, based on absentee balloting and historic trends.