Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri June 28, 2013
Canaan Chosen Early In NBA’s Second Round, Daniel Signs as Free Agent
Updated 12:28 p.m.
Murray State’s Isaiah Canaan is headed to the NBA as the newest player on the Houston Rockets. Canaan was the 34th pick in last nights draft selection. The two-time Ohio Valley Conference Player of the Year watched the draft surrounded by family and friends in his hometown of Biloxi, Miss.
Murray State officials say the Rockets also signed Canaan's teammate Ed Daniel as a free agent Friday, which means he will play in the team's summer games.
Canaan was projected as a mid to late first round choice. He had to endure a long night where his named wasn’t called until the early second round. Racers’ Head Coach Steve Prohm attended the event at Biloxi High and said he expects Canaan to have a good showing at Houston. Canaan is the 21st Murray State player to be taken in the NBA Draft and the first since 1996 when the Portland trailblazers picked Marcus Brown.