Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed January 22, 2014
Campus Lights Presents Musical Comedy "Anything Goes"
Murray State's 77th Campus Lights features Cole Porter's musical comedy, "Anything Goes," which opens January 23, continuing through a Sunday matinee. This year's Chair is Ryan Knight, who joins Kate in the studio during Sounds Good, to preview the show. Campus Lights is one of the university's oldest traditions. It's a yearly winter musical that funds scholarships for incoming music students.
"We have a lot of people that are inspired and interested in Campus Lights, and we bring back alumni from both Phi Mu Alpha and Sigma Alpha Iota, but also from Murray State. You know, students who were never in Campus Lights still come back to see it."
Knight talks with Kate about this year's production of "Anything Goes," which is just recently off its Broadway tour. Campus Lights is a tradition that is unique to Murray State, and there is a rigorous amount of fundraising and planning that begins before the show is chosen all the way up to opening night. Knight tells Kate that the cast of "Anything Goes" tackled the tough choreography by combining the social organizations' Step Team skills with the musical's tap-dancing to create interesting choreography specific to this show alone.
"Anything Goes" is in Lovett Auditorium on Murray State's Campus, January 23-25 at 7:30 P.M. and January 26 at 2:30 P.M. Adult tickets are $12, children (12 and under) are $8. Tickets can be purchased at the CFSB Box Office at 270-809-3000, or at the door.