Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Tue September 4, 2012
Calvert City Waste Site Management Suing for Cleanup Costs
The group managing a former Marshall County hazardous waste site is suing more than 300 companies, municipalities and universities to recoup the cost of waste removal. LWD PRP wants to force 334 others to kick in money to cover the costs of removing a variety of hazardous pollutants from the incinerator site in Calvert City. The 32-acre plant operated from the 1950s until October 2005. LWD PRP has paid $9.5 million toward cleaning up the site through September 1. The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Paducah, seeks a judge's order to force the defendants to contribute to the cleanup.