Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu October 25, 2012
Calloway Schools Receives Money for Aquaculture Lab
Calloway County School District has received 10-thousand dollars to teach students about fish farming. School district Senate Bill 1 Coordinator Tawyna Hunter says the money funds enhancements to an aquaculture laboratory, where students will learn how to perform feed conversions, water quality tests and chemical analysis.
The money comes from America’s Farmers Grow Rural Education, sponsored by the Monsanto Fund. A Monsanto statement says the United States produces a small amount of the world fish supply, but Americans play a big part in industry research. Hunter hopes the money will spur students to pursue careers in agriculture.