Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed January 16, 2013
Calloway Fiscal Court Endorses Raising KY-80 Speed Limit
Calloway County’s Fiscal Court is endorsing a speed limit increase for parts of KY-80 in Calloway and Graves counties. County Judge Executive Larry Elkins says increasing the speed limit from 55 mph to 65 would allow for a smoother flow of private and commercial traffic.
Elkins says the speed limit on KY-80 is already 65 in Trigg, Christian and, Todd counties. He says the decision to raise the speed limit must be made by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, but he hopes the Fiscal Court resolution will encourage the change.