Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed August 20, 2008
Calloway County Park
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – The Murray-Calloway County Parks System officials accepted a check today for fifty-thousand dollars. Parks Director Matt Martin says the Land and Water Conservation Fund Grant will go toward a new park in the southwest part of the county. Martin says officials are still negotiating land options. Landscape plans include a quarter mile walking trail and what Martin says will be the largest playground in western Kentucky.